And there is another American profession that has a significantly more alarming problem with domestic abuse. I’d urge everyone who believes in zero tolerance for NFL employees caught beating their wives or girlfriends to direct as much attention—or ideally, even more attention—at police officers who assault their partners. Several studies have found that the romantic partners of police officers suffer domestic abuse at rates significantly higher than the general population. And while all partner abuse is unacceptable, it is especially problematic when domestic abusers are literally the people that battered and abused women are supposed to call for help.
Reality depresses me. I need to find fantasy worlds and escape in them.
Noel Fielding (via northmans)
fucking stop making it harder for young girls and women who are interested in/agree with radical feminism to be open about their beliefs. stop scaring young girls and women away from an entire movement that actually prioritizes them. stop encouraging and fueling the violent misogyny spewed at radical feminists.
You hear whites talk about “Well, [slavery] was back there. We don’t have anything to do with that anymore.” And it’s an amazing situation because you have to remind them that you are still living off the interest of the wealth that your forefathers earned from slavery. You are still enjoying the accumulated wealth that began with the enslavement of our people. And if you are going to enjoy the wealth that was generated by evil, then you must take the curse that comes along with it. And therefore, because you have received stolen goods you must pay the price as well; because you fight and struggle to protect those stolen goods, and you defend them, and you organize your society and your relationship to our people to maintain them and to continue to enhance them.
Dr. Amos N. Wilson (via disciplesofmalcolm)
'go for a long walk and you wont be depressed anymore'
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
following back tons